“I never had money, and I was very happy without it. When I die, my money’s not gonna come with me. My movies will live on - for people to judge what I was as a person. I just want to stay curious.” - Heath Ledger
i like this but i don’t fully understand it…
you don’t understand how sad this is. each adult is a cross, and each child has been crucified by said cross.
- the priest (i assume he’s a priest, correct me if i’m wrong) killed the little boy in one way or another, probably rape, which is common among corrupted clergy men.
- the tourist comes to an overcrowded, poverty stricken country, taking up any and all resources that could have gone to the little native girl
- the soldier comes to fight for his country, but ends up killing the innocent girl, probably in her village.
- the little boy dies under the doctor’s knife
- the man kills the little girl in a school shooting (represented with the uniform)
- the “fat” kid is killed by obesity caused by a fast food epidemic in america, most commonly mcdonald’s, shown by ronald mcdonald himself.
this is /haunting/ to look at. children can die at anyone’s hand. even the “heros”
Iconic historical stage designs for The Queen of the Night sequence from Mozart’s “Magic Flute” - the first image by Karl Friedrich Schinkel in 1815, the second by Simon Quaglio in 1818 (x)